How our 3 modules build on our leadership training curriculum.
To perform under pressure, an individual needs to master three key areas: managing emotions under pressure, thinking under pressure and conversations under pressure. Why? Pressure affects and disrupts our emotions (the emotional part of our brain), our thinking (the cognitive parts of our brain) and our ability to communicate (which requires both).
Module #1 – Manage your Emotions Under Pressure:
Why is it that your organization – filled with highly skilled, motivated people – is still facing low employee engagement, and teams that are not hitting their targets? Mounting pressure and rapid organizational change in the workplace make it even more challenging for teams to collaborate. Without developing the foundational skills of Emotional Intelligence, even your most talented employees will not reach their full potential.
It’s a scientific fact that emotions precede thought. When emotions run high, they change the way our brains function… diminishing our cognitive abilities, decision-making powers, and even interpersonal skills.
We translate the science behind managing emotions, and, teach people the skills to become their best selves and do their best work.
Why emotional intelligence works
Emotions are contagious. They spread from one person to another quickly, strengthening or harming the organization. Create an environment of trust and psychological safety where people feel valued and respected to accelerate collaboration. Improve relationship quality and build a culture of accountability.
We translate the science behind managing emotions
- Learn the brain science of emotions that drives behavior
- Increase awareness of situations that risk having emotions lead to unskillful behavior and poor decisions
- Learn practical strategies to respond more skillfully as pressure, tension and complexity increase
- Identify patterns, triggers and emotional habits that either drive or derail performance
- Learn to suspend judgment – become ‘more curious and less certain’ – to effectively engage and influence others
- Understand how to be an effective coach and help others
- Practice techniques through interactive exercises and develop an action plan to put those strategies into practice
Live Online Program
Ready to register? Do that now and get early bird pricing. Register here
Need more information? Join us for a free preview. Save your seat
Connect with one of our Leadership Consultants to discuss how you can bring Emotional Intelligence to your organization.
Module # 2 – Manage your Thinking Under Pressure:
Have you noticed a decline in employee engagement and authentic connection in your workplace? Have you seen people “act out” under pressure? Are employees burning out or feeling overwhelmed?
You’re not alone
Organizational pressures and changes are coming at people faster than ever before. Without effective coping strategies, they result in high turnover rates and low employee engagement, costing organizations millions in lost productivity.
IHHP’s Performing Under Pressure program is based on the New York Times and Amazon bestselling book Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Doing Your Best When It Matters Most, and our study of over 12,000 people uncovering what the top 10% did to excel under pressure
Performing Under Pressure Helps you to:
- Develop Agility & Resilience. Learn long term strategies that help inoculate you against pressure
- Make Better Decisions. Discover how pressure affects your brain and strategies you can use to make better decisions
- Manage Pressure Like an Athlete. Learn how to better manage pressure so it becomes a competitive advantage for you in growing your career and in helping your organization drive performance
- Turn Crisis Into Opportunity. Pressure affects your brain, learn strategies you can use to perform under pressure
Connect with a Leadership Consultant to discuss how you can get the most from your team!
Module #3 – Manage your Conversations Under Pressure:
Are you suffering from a “nice culture” that doesn’t support honest communication and real collaboration? Does your team avoid having tough conversations, relying instead on “water cooler” chats and private discussions behind closed doors? Do you feel like behaviors and outcomes don’t change, even after you’ve shared feedback? We often avoid uncomfortable conversations because we are unprepared – it’s easier to avoid the tough stuff.
The “Three Conversations of Leadership” program is designed for anyone who wants to give their conversations impact and meaning to achieve peak performance.
Our conversations program builds trust in order to:
- Have conversations that matter and understand the importance of having them
- Learn techniques to have conversations that build trust
- Become a skillful communicator
- Providing continuous coaching about behavior, performance and impact
- Build a feedback rich culture
Empowering your managers and influencers with the communication tools and strategies they need to skillfully have the most important conversations, every day, and at high pressure moments.