Program Location: Winnipeg
Program Date: March 15, 2018
We all have relationships that aren’t working. This is not surprising, given how the pressure of time and need for results can cause people to have impact they don’t intend. What is surprising, however, is the lack of skill and ability most people have to deal with the relationships that aren’t working. Leaders want to make their relationships work. They want to give performance reviews that make a difference. They want to bring their ideas and concerns to the table regardless of who is in the room, and they want to be better leaders. Most, unfortunately, are just not sure where to begin.
In order to help leaders have conversations that build both trust and accountability, we have identified three critical conversations that need to take place: Daily, Difficult and Courageous Conversations.
The challenge is that under the pressure to drive results, people often avoid these conversations entirely, or they ignore the Last 8% Conversation™.
This program builds on the foundation of Emotional Intelligence and will enable you to:
- Understand the importance and impact of three critical types of conversations: Daily, Difficult and Courageous Conversations
- Leverage insight from the brain science of emotions to have more effective conversations
- Learn techniques to have high impact daily coaching conversations that build trust and drive results, even in time-constrained, pressure-filled environments
- Practice having difficult conversations in a way that allows you to speak your truth and get to the “last 8%”, while not emotionally triggering the other person. Examples include:
- Engaging people by creating emotional connection when rolling out change
- Delivering bad news or saying “no” in a way that ensures a person is still valued andunderstands the message
- Providing continuous coaching about behavior, performance and impact
- Managing up and across when we have limited or no direct authority
- Understand the importance of having a developmental mindset so you can coach people to the next level of performance
IHHP is pleased to partner with CPHR
Courtyard Marriott Winnipeg Airport
780 Powerhouse Rd., Winnipeg, MB
March 15, 2018
Acceptance of Terms