People are feeling overwhelmed by pressure – to meet deadlines, to do more with less, to lead through change and to deal with difficult relationships. Ever wonder how top performers handle the pressure and still perform? We did. So we conducted a study of 12,000 people. The results were fascinating – and helpful to the rest of us struggling to manage pressure at work.
Over the last year, we have been delivering keynotes based on the New York Times bestselling book Performing Under Pressure. We are excited to announce we have now developed a full day training program called Performing Under Pressure: Doing Your Best When it Matters Most.
The full day training course helps individuals recognize we have a choice in how we think about and frame our pressure situations.
In our study, we found that most people take a haphazard approach to managing pressure. They didn’t use the latest in neuroscience to inform how they approached their pressure moments nor did they appreciate that there is a skill set that can be learned and improved.
We found that the top 10% in our study had insights, strategies and a plan for how they could be their best in their most important moments. We are now bringing this to you in a way that builds concrete skills.
The key learning outcomes of the one-day training program are:
- Recognize a pressure moment, identifying the impact that it has on you to make decisions, lead through change and meaningfully connect with others.
- Manage pressure effectively by changing the ways you think and behave when faced with a pressure situation.
- Reframe your pressure moments into opportunities, turning them from a crisis into a challenge.
- Learn to avoid the pressure traps you may inadvertently set for others.
- Sustain high performance using Pressure Solutions based on neuroscience, sports psychology and IHHP’s twenty years of working with high performers from around the world.
During your day of training, you will learn the neuroscience of pressure’s impact on your brain and concrete skills to manage your thinking under pressure in a different way, enabling you to manage change more effectively, influence and engage people, innovate and drive performance.