We are impressed! Congratulations on your exceptional EQ! If you scored in this range, there is a slight caveat however. You are either extremely high in emotional intelligence or extremely low. How is this possible? These results may reflect your high level of self-knowledge or a lack of it since you must be self-aware to assess yourself accurately. For this reason, self-awareness is the foundational competency of emotional intelligence. You may want to seek clarification from a peer, co-worker or family member to validate how they feel you respond emotionally when you are under pressure. You’ve either made it to the top or have a long way to go.
If it turns out that your Emotional Intelligence is truly quite high, we recommend you attend the more advanced programs in our Performing Under Pressure training curriculum: Performing Under Pressure: The Three Conversations of Leadership and Performing Under Pressure: Doing Your Best When it Matters Most. These programs will build on your EQ and give you insights and tools to perform at an even higher level – being able to drive accountability and have more influence in your organization.
5 ways to learn more:
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Buy the New York Times bestselling book: Performing Under Pressure
- Become certified to deliver our world class training content
- Discover our new Women Under Pressure initiative and download the white paper
- Download our Parenting Teens Under Pressure podcast and learn how to coach your teen when they are under pressure
Follow us to keep up-to-date: